STEPS TO TAKE AFTER A CORPUS CHRISTI CAR ACCIDENT
WHAT TO DO AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT IN CORPUS CHRISTI
Car accidents in Corpus Christi happen all day, every day. Corpus Christi car wrecks happen on a regular basis, mostly due to distracted drivers. Unfortunately, those distracted drivers can cause serious personal injury by causing an unnecessary car accident in Corpus Christi. If you were involved in a car accident in Corpus Christi, Texas below is handy list of actions to take to ensure you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
- It’s best to stay put to ensure your injury doesn’t become worse. After any Corpus Christi car accident, make sure you and your loved ones are accounted for, and the begin to navigate the situation accordingly.
ANALYZE YOUR SURROUNDINGS
- Has the car wreck caused a fire? Are you able to get out and help others? Is there any leaking fluid?
CONTACT THE POLICE
- Contact a 3rd party authority like the Corpus Christi Police Department, or the local police department where you are located so they can come to the scene to document what happened. When they arrive tell them if you need an ambulance if you have suffered personal injury.
ITS OK IF YOU DON’T KNOW THE ANSWERS
- Once the police arrive, they will likely ask you what happened, so they can begin to piece the scene together. If you can’t remember what happened, or your personal injury after the Corpus Christi car accident is severe enough where you cannot give your version of events, that’s OK. Do not feel pressured into agreeing with a version of events you don’t agree with.
- Use your smart phone or other photo capturing device if available, and if you can, take pictures of 1) your injuries, 2) 360 degrees of your vehicle, 3) 360 degrees of the other parties vehicle, 4) pictures of the scene.
EXCHANGE CAR INSURANCE INFO AND ID INFORMATION
- Make sure either the police record the information, or you are able to obtain a picture of the at fault driver’s ID and insurance information.
CONTACT A MEDICAL PROVIDER
- It is important to document your personal injuries immediately after a car accident in Corpus Christi. It is also important to get checked out even if you aren’t feeling immediate pain because often, the shock and adrenaline from a Corpus Christi auto accident can mask your injuries and associated pain.
CONTACT US FOR LEGAL REPRESENTATION AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT IN CORPUS CHRISTI, TEXAS
- At The Patel Firm PLLC’s Corpus Christi personal injury law office, we take great pride in offering quality, aggressive representation for personal injury victims after a car accident in Corpus Christi, Texas. Contact the Texas personal injury law firm now for an obligation-free, no hassle consultation. 24/7/365, someone at The Patel Firm PLLC’s Corpus Christi personal injury law office is ready and waiting to take your call.