Mistakes to Avoid After a Texas Truck Accident
The aftermath of a trucking accident is as much scary as it is confusing. Victims often have to deal with the new reality and the injuries sustained in the accident which may require urgent medical treatment. Events like this tend to be overwhelming and can lead to mistakes or missteps early on that wouldn’t have otherwise happened. In the event of a trucking accident in Corpus Christi, Texas, or a trucking accident anywhere else in Texas, it is important to hire the services of a qualified Corpus Christi truck accident lawyer to ensure insurance companies do not short-change you. The following mistakes should be avoided after a Texas big rig accident.
- Refusing medical treatment: it will be difficult to prove that the injuries or symptoms you discovered days or weeks after the accident is actually related to the accident if you decline medical treatment immediately after the wreck. Medical records documented based on doctor findings after a trucking accident can go a long way to help your case.
- Not calling the police: Even if nobody sustains any major injury after your trucking accident, it is essential you call the police to the scene of the accident. The police will assess the situation, interview witnesses and document a report that becomes the basis of any lawsuit that follows. Click here for information about how to get a police report after a Corpus Christi car accident.
- Posting about accident on social media: This can be particularly detrimental to any law suit you filed or the ones you will file in the future. Insurance companies can easily go through your social media account and scrutinize whatever you discussed with the hope of getting something that can hurt your case.
- Failing to gather useful information at the scene: one of the things you should do after any type of traffic accident is to get the driver, vehicle, and insurance information from all the parties involved in the accident. You shouldn’t wait for the police or any one else to do this for you. Always ensure you have the necessary information before you leave the scene of the accident.
- Not calling a Corpus Christi truck accident attorney immediately: Many Texas car accident victims waste too much time before hiring the services of a trucking accident attorney in Corpus Christi. Car accident injury victims expect insurance companies to treat them fairly only to discover it’s the opposite and may sometimes be too late. Call an experienced truck accident lawyer in Corpus Christi, Texas immediately after any accident that caused injuries or significant damages.
Contact a Truck Accident Attorney in Corpus Christi, Texas Today
If you or a loved one has been involved in a recent trucking accident in Corpus Christi, Texas, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Let us help you deal with insurance companies and their adjusters. At The Patel Firm PLLC, our Corpus Christi personal injury lawyers take great pride in skillfully representing you after a Corpus Christi trucking accident. We are here to simplify the complexities of trucking accident cases and guide you through every step of the process.
When you contact our office in Corpus Christi, or Dallas Texas, we quickly deploy investigators in order to preserve vital evidence and begin uncovering the facts regarding your Corpus Christi truck accident so you can receive a fair compensation. Let’s discuss your options and find out how we can best help you. Call or contact a Corpus Christi personal injury attorney at our office today for a free consultation.
Let us handle the details with the insurance company. We’re here for you twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Let’s discuss your options. Call or contact us today for a free consultation.