Serious accidents can still occur when motorcycle operators drive cautiously. These serious motorcycle accidents can be caused by negligence or recklessness of another driver, obstacle on the roadway, defective motorcycle part, and many other potential sources of harm.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident and you seek to recover compensation for your losses, contact a Corpus Christi motorcycle injury lawyer at The Patel Firm PLLC. We can help you get on the track to recovery, provide you legal representation, and determine the best strategy that will get you the financial compensation and justice that you deserve.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
- Negligent drivers: Motorcycle accidents in Texas are most times caused by negligence on the part of other drivers on the road. This includes car drivers, truck drivers, 18-wheeler or tractor trailer drivers, and other road users. Drivers exhibit negligent behaviors when they disobey traffic rules, disregard speed limits, run red lights, ignore right-of-way laws, and fail to comply with other laws of the road.
- Drunk or Impaired Drivers: Operating a motorcycle while under the influence of alcohol or other mind-altering substances puts every road user at great risk. .
- Dangerous road conditions: Hazardous road conditions are commonly seen at or around construction sites. Some roads are unsafe for driving due to defective road conditions like potholes, sinkholes, and uneven pavement. Roads become littered with debris like trees or trash after major storms. When these conditions cause motorcycle accidents, both the motorcyclist and the passenger are usually at risk of falling off the bike and sustaining serious injuries.
- Recklessness of the Rider: Motorcycle riders sometimes put themselves at risk by weaving through traffic, driving in turning lanes, bicycle lanes, or road shoulders. Motorcycle riders should always give themselves enough room on the road in case of a stop, and not tailgate other vehicles or follow to closely.
Causes of Action after Motorcycle Accidents
When motorcyclists are involved in an accident that was caused by another party, they may be able to receive financial compensation for their injuries and damages if they have sufficient evidence to justify their claims. The innocent, injured party may be able to bring legal action against the following people or entities:
- The driver of the vehicle that caused the accident;
- If vehicle was owned by a company, the driver of the vehicle, and the owner of the company, and the company itself;
- In cases where the accident was caused by defective road conditions, motorcyclists and their passengers can bring legal action against the State;
- In cases where the accident was caused by unreasonably dangerous activities of a construction company, they can file a suit against the company.
Contact a Motorcycle Injury Attorney in Corpus Christi, Texas Today
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident in Corpus Christi or anywhere else in Texas, contact a personal injury attorney in Corpus Christi at The Patel Firm PLLC to discuss your case. We will review your claims and help you determine the best approach to move forward with your matter and get the justice you seek. We understand that you need to focus on your recovery, and we will help you do that by taking the stress of the case off of your shoulders by providing the best representation possible. At The Patel Firm PLLC, we have strong knowledge in motorcycle accident laws and protocols, and we are passionate about helping victims of motorcycle accidents get the compensation they deserve. Contact an experienced Corpus Christi motorcycle attorney in Texas today. You can call or email an injury attorney in Corpus Christi at our Texas personal injury law firm, any time. 24/7/365, someone at The Patel Firm PLLC is ready and waiting to speak with you. Reach out to us today by calling us at (361) 400-2036.
*This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended to, and should not be construed as legal advice.