80-year-old woman dead after Kingsville car accident
A woman has died from injuries after being hit by a pickup in Kingsville according to Caller Times.
Details of the car accident in Kingsville, Texas
At around 7:46 a.m. on Wednesday, October 3, 2018, Police were called to an accident scene where they found an 80-year-old woman lying in the street with serious injuries after she was hit by a car in Kingsville, Texas. The woman who was not on a crosswalk was struck by a pickup in the 1300 block of East Kenedy Avenue near Harvey Elementary School. The driver of the pickup claimed to be blinded by the sun and couldn’t see the woman. The driver was arrested for driving with an invalid or suspended license. The Kingsville car accident resulted in serious personal injuries, eventually leading to the death of the elderly lady. Kingsville Police are still investigating the deadly car accident in Kingsville. Kingsville, Texas is a college town located near Corpus Christi, Texas heading towards the South Texas Rio Grande Valley.
Common causes of pedestrian accidents
- Unmarked Crosswalks: Most pedestrian accidents happen at intersections. However, when a crosswalk is marked, the probability of a pedestrian accident is greatly reduced.
- Use of Drugs or Alcohol: Whenever a drunk driver is on the road, everybody both motorists and pedestrians are in danger. The use of drugs or alcohol impairs your reasoning and might cause you to make some rash decisions that can lead to accidents.
- Distracted Driving: Being distracted while behind the wheel has been shown to compromise the safety of the driver, passengers, pedestrians, and other road users.
- Use of Electronic devices: It is easy to assume that drivers are the only ones whose distraction can lead to a serious accident. A study shows that 8% of these accidents occur while pedestrians are using cellphones, music devices, and other electronic devices.
- Wearing of dull/dark clothes: A large percentage of pedestrian accident occurs at night. This is sometimes due to improper lighting and wear of dull or dark clothes in the night.
- Inclement Weather Conditions: Some weather conditions can reduce visibility making it difficult for drivers to see pedestrians before it’s too late.
- Arterial Roadways: This is put in place to enhance a smooth flow of traffic, but they pose a particular danger to pedestrians.
Contact a car accident attorney in Corpus Christi today
If you have been injured as a pedestrian due to the negligence or recklessness of others, contact The Patel Firm PLLC, personal injury law firm in Corpus Christi. Minesh J. Patel, principal personal injury attorney at The Patel Firm is a qualified personal injury lawyer in Corpus Christi who knows what it takes to win after a Corpus Christi car accident or Corpus Christi truck accident. After any personal injury event in Corpus Christi, we are here to help. Pedestrians are no match for large cars or trucks. A truck accident in Corpus Christi or a car accident in Corpus Christi involving can cause serious personal injuries, even death. The Patel Firm PLLC is a premier personal injury law firm in Corpus Christi that has secured significant financial settlements on behalf Corpus Christi car accident injury victims. At The Patel Firm PLLC, our Corpus Christi car accident lawyer Minesh J. Patel will look out for your best interests and seek justice after your injury following a car accident in Corpus Christi or truck accident in Corpus Christi. Speak to a car accident attorney in Corpus Christi today to discuss your options. You can call, text, or email The Patel Firm PLLC’s personal injury law office in Corpus Christi any time. 24/7/365, someone at The Patel Firm PLLC is ready and waiting to speak with you. Reach out, and speak to an injury lawyer in Corpus Christi today.
*This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended to, and should not be construed as legal advice.