One car auto accident in Corpus Christi causes traffic back up
Traffic flow was hindered along the eastbound lanes of South Padre Island Drive after a single vehicle accident on Wednesday, October 3, 2018.
Details of the Corpus Christi car accident
According to KIII-TV, the auto accident in Corpus Christi happened around 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, October 3, 2018, near the Weber exit of SPID in Corpus Christi, Texas. Following the Corpus Christi car accident, traffic was backed up along the eastbound lanes of the highway for sometime causing a traffic jam. Officers of the Corpus Christi Police Department were called to the Corpus Christi car accident scene, and found the car that crashed into a highway barrier significantly hindering traffic flow during the morning rush hour.
Safety tips when driving in a traffic jam
- In traffic back up, avoid aggressive driving and changing from lane to lane.
- Avoid tailgating, keep a safe distance of at least three seconds between you and the car in front of you. This reduces the frequency of rear-end collisions.
- Be attentive, watch the vehicle ahead closely. Whenever the car ahead brakes, take your foot off the gas to slow down gradually before you brake. Be cautious not apply brake abruptly so that the cars behind you can have time to react.
- Avoid distractions. Stay focused on driving by avoiding distractions such as using your cell phone or tuning the radio.
- Make use of your blinkers when changing lanes or merging.
- Monitor your surroundings using your mirrors.
- Make use of technological devices, and plan. Before you start your journey, use traffic apps on your phone or listen to local radio reports to avoid areas with traffic back up . If you are worried about meeting heavy traffic on your way, take time before you leave to map out an alternate route.
Contact a car accident lawyer in Corpus Christi today
Contact The Patel Firm PLLC, A Texas Personal Injury Law Firm in Corpus Christi for a free legal consultation after a car accident in Corpus Christi or a truck accident in Corpus Christi. Personal injury lawyer in Corpus Christi Minesh J. Patel knows how to battle car insurance companies for the justice Corpus Christi personal injury victims deserve. If you or a loved one has been injured or sustained property damage in a Corpus Christi car accident that was caused by a negligent driver, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your losses including; medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. After a Corpus Christi car accident or a Corpus Christi truck accident, make one call, that’s all- Call The Patel Firm PLLC, today. At The Patel Firm PLLC, our Corpus Christi car accident lawyer Minesh J. Patel represents personal injury victims in Corpus Christi. From the moment you call our personal injury law office for representation, we guarantee we will work hard and efficiently pursuing the justice you are entitled to. Speak to car accident attorney in Corpus Christi Minesh J. Patel today to discuss your options. You can call, text, or email the firm at any time. 24/7/365, someone at The Patel Firm PLLC’s personal injury law office in Corpus Christi is ready and waiting to speak with you. Reach out to us today.
*This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended to, and should not be construed as legal advice.