Highway 37 was shut down for two hours on October 20, 2018 after a single-vehicle car accident on Saturday October 20, 2018 according to Corpus Christi Caller Times.
Details of the car accident near Corpus Christi
According to a spokesman for the Corpus Christi Police Department, the single vehicle accident happened around 1 p.m. on Saturday, October 20, 2018 in Calallen, an area in north Corpus Christi. The car accident in Calallen happened in the southbound lanes of Interstate Highway 37 near Callicoate Road. The driver of the car did suffer personal injuries as a result of the Calallen auto accident and was taken to a hospital for evaluation.
Five important safe driving practices
- Keep your vehicle in good condition: Maintaining your vehicle is not just a means to extend your car’s life, it is also important to keep you safe. A common maintenance problem that can result in a car crash is improper tire pressure. Failure to properly gauge your tire pressure can be costly especially in high-performance cars like SUV.
- Watch out for other motorists: You can be driving carefully and following all that you are expected to do on the road and still get hit by another driver on the road. A good rule to assume is, ‘assume every other motorist is not paying attention.’ This simply means you should expect any thing from other drivers on the road. Don’t be caught unaware the next time a car change lanes illegally, swerves, makes unsignaled turns, or exhibits other bad driving habits.
- Be very careful when driving in bad weather: Take extra precautions whenever you are driving in a bad weather condition. Driving in a fog, a heavy rain, a snow storm or on icy roads can increase the likelihood of getting into a car accident. If necessary, you can drive below the speed limit, maintain enough space between your car and the vehicle ahead and take be very careful when making a bend.
- Wear your seatbelt: A properly worn seat belt can save your life. A survey by the NHTSA reveals that more that 50% of people who died in a car accident are not using seat belt. It even gets worse in young people, seat belts were not used in more than 70% of fatalities involving children between 13 and 15.
- Don’t speed: According to The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration [NHTSA], “Speeding is one of the most prevalent factors contributing to traffic crashes. The economic cost to society of speeding-related crashes is estimated by NHTSA to be $40.4 billion per year. In 2008, speeding was a contributing factor in 31 percent of all fatal crashes, and 11,674 lives were lost in speeding-related crashes”.
Contact a car accident lawyer in Texas today
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a car accident in Corpus Christi or truck accident in Corpus Christi or anywhere else in Texas hire the service of a competent car accident lawyer in Corpus Christi at The Patel Firm PLLC. At the Patel Firm PLLC, our Texas accident lawyer in Corpus Christi Minesh J. Patel handles Corpus Christi car accident and Corpus Christi truck accident claims for personal injury victims who have been hurt due to another parties negligence. Personal injury lawyer in Corpus Christi Minesh J. Patel has the knowledge and skills you need to face the difficulties of a car wreck in Corpus Christi or truck wreck in Corpus Christi. The Patel Firm PLLC will guide you through the personal injury claims process while giving you frequent updates on the status of your case and protecting your rights. Discuss your case with a car accident attorney in Texas today. You can call or email the firm at any time.
*This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended to, and should not be construed as legal advice.