A 5-year-old child was killed and seven others were injured on Southwest Loop 820 after a car accident in Fort Worth on Sunday, when a driver lost control of an SUV and crashed, according to multiple reports including WFAA.
Details of the Fort Worth car accident
A Honda Civic and an SUV collided near the Chisholm Trail Parkway at the intersection of the Frontage Road and the 4900 block of southwest Loop 820 about 1:15 pm causing a massive car accident in Fort Worth, Texas, according to police. The driver of the Honda was heading east at the intersection and according to Fort Worth police investigators, when the Civic’s driver possibly ran a red light, causing it to be hit by an SUV heading north, causing it to roll over. Police said a 5-year-old child passenger died at the scene of the accident. One person has suffered serious personal injury and was said to be in critical condition. Six others involved in the car accident in Fort Worth, Texas also suffered personal injuries, the extent of which were unknown at the time of Fort Worth car wreck.
Some statistics about car accidents involving children
U.S. National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) stats show that:
- In 2005 only, more than 1,400 children under the age of 15 died, and 203,000 were injured, as the result of car accidents. The same year, 4,544 teenagers between 16 to 19 died of injuries caused by car wrecks.
- About 250,000 children suffer personal injury every year as a result of car accidents.
- Approximately 150 children, every hour, are treated in emergency rooms for personal injuries sustained in motor vehicle accidents.
- For children between the ages of 5 and 19, auto accidents are the most common cause of death
- Studies have shown as many as 618,000 children under 12 travel in vehicles without the use of a child safety seat or a seat belt at least some of the time.
Contact a car accident lawyer in DFW to discuss your options
As parents, one of our worst fears is that our child may be hurt. A car accident in Fort Worth, a car accident in Corpus Christi, or anywhere else in the metroplex, can be especially traumatizing for children. Children’s bone structure and soft tissues respond to crash forces differently than fully developed adults. If the car accident in Corpus Christi, or the car accident in Fort Worth that caused your child’s injury was due to the negligent act of another party, you have a right to recover damages. Call The Patel Firm PLLC’s Corpus Christi personal injury law office today.
At The Patel Firm PLLC, our Corpus Christi car accident lawyer Minesh J. Patel, represents children who are victims of car accidents in Corpus Christi, Texas and surrounding cities. From the moment you call our Corpus Christi personal injury law office for legal representation after a Corpus Christi car accident or Fort Worth accident, we guarantee we will work hard and efficiently to get you the justice you are entitled to. Speak to Minesh J. Patel, car accident attorney in Dallas, Texas and his personal injury staff today to discuss your options. You can call, text, or email the firm at any time. 24/7/365, nights and weekends, someone at The Patel Firm PLLC’s Dallas personal injury law office is ready and waiting to speak with you. Contact us today by calling us at (361) 400-2036.