Seven months after being hit by a drunk driver , Corpus Christi police officer, Thomas Zirkle, returns to work according to Corpus Christi Caller Times.
Details of the Corpus Christi drunk driving accident
On Saturday, December 23, 2017, Corpus Christi police officer Thomas Zirkle was working traffic control when he was hit by a Corpus Christi drunk driver on westbound side of South Padre Island Drive, State Highway 358, Corpus Christi, Texas. The Corpus Christi drunk driving accident caused serious personal injury to Officer Zirkle. Corpus Christi Police Department reported that the Corpus Christi drunk driver, was speeding. The car accident in Corpus Christi occurred after the speeding drunk driver hit Officer Zirkle’s squad car. Officer Zirkle was in the process responding to a Corpus Christi hit and run accident at the time the drunk driving accident in Corpus Christi occurred. The Corpus Christi drunk driver was arrested for DUI. Corpus Christi drunk driving accident, caused Officer Zirkle a serious leg injury and required immediate surgery. Talking about his recovery from the personal injury he suffered from a Corpus Christi drunk driving accident, Zirkle said it took a lot of physical therapy. He said his goal of making a comeback kept him focused on his recovery.
Important Tips for Recovering After a Corpus Christi Car Accident
- Seek medical attention immediately after any Corpus Christi car accident: The most important thing you need to do after being involved in a car accident in Corpus Christi is to seek medical attention for your personal injury immediately after the car accident to obtain the best medical care. This increases your chances of making a full recovery. Ignoring the injuries or hoping things will get better with time without seeking medical attention may later harm your chances of making a full recovery.
- Don’t settle your personal injury insurance claim in haste: It may be unclear at first the extent of the personal injuries you have sustained after the car accident. The body sometimes produces hormones that mask off the pain and injuries after a car accident in Corpus Christi. The insurance adjuster’s aim is to process your claims as quickly as possible. They do this to avoid paying for any potential complications that may arise from a personal injury you suffered after the car accident.
- Hire a Corpus Christi car accident lawyer: it is important you hire a car accident attorney in Corpus Christi as soon as possible. One of the important calls you should make immediately after a Corpus Christi car accident should be to a Corpus Christi personal injury lawyer at The Patel Firm PLLC. The longer you take, the more likely the evidence that backs your claim will be disappear and it may be more difficult to get the compensation you deserve. Hiring a car accident lawyer in Corpus Christi also spares you the stress involved in legal battles and let you focus more on recovering from your personal injury.
- Follow the personal injury doctor’s advice and recommendation: Your personal injury will heal quicker if you carefully follow your personal injury doctor’s advice. Make sure you follow all the clinician’s advice and recommendations.
- Be patient with yourself: As tempting as it is to thrust yourself back into your normal activities once you start making recovery, it is important to take it easy so as not to hamper yourself from making a full recovery. Remember, recovery is about progress.
Contact a car accident lawyer in Corpus Christi to discuss your options
If you or a loved one have been injured as a pedestrian after being involved in a Corpus Christi car accident, Corpus Christi truck accident, or Corpus Christi 18-Wheeler accident, call The Patel Firm PLLC, today to speak to Corpus Christi personal injury lawyer, Minesh J. Patel. From the moment you call our injury law office in Corpus Christi for legal representation, we guarantee we will work hard and efficiently to get you to the outcome you deserve.
Speak to a car accident attorney in Corpus Christi today at The Patel Firm PLLC to discuss your options. Call us at (361) 400-2036. 24/7/365, someone at The Patel Firm PLLC’s Corpus Christi injury law office is ready and waiting to speak with you. You can call, text, or email the firm at any time. Contact us today.