Four-car accident sends child to hospital in Corpus Christi
Multiple vehicles were involved in a pile up accident along South Padre Island Drive during the early rush hour of Monday November 26, 2018 according to KRIS TV.
Details of the pile up accident in Corpus Christi
The auto accident in Corpus Christi occurred around 8 a.m. on Monday, November 26, 2018, heading west between the Kostoryz and Ayers exit on SPID. The severity of the Corpus Christi car accident resulted in a child being taken to Driscoll Children’s Hospital to be evaluated for personal injuries.
How You Can Protect Your Child After A Corpus Christi auto accident
- Call emergency personnel. Make sure first responders are notified.
- Don’t attempt to move your child until the arrival of the first responders. Moving the child can sometimes make an injury worse.
- Make sure your child is checked out at the hospital to rule out any major injuries that may not be apparent on the surface.
- Call your pediatrician. After the emergency doctors check your child out, it is important you follow up with their pediatrician to ensure they there are no complications.
- In the days and weeks after the car accident, look out for symptoms of hidden injuries. Excessive crying, lack of interest in food, and other changes in behavior can be symptoms of an underlying injury.
- Change the child safety seat. This should be done after every car accident. The effectiveness of the child safety seat may have compromised during the collision.
Common Injuries Sustained by Children in Car Accidents
- Broken or fractured bones
- Head or brain injuries
- Psychological injuries
- Cuts and lacerations from broken glass
- Dental injuries
- Lung injuries
Contact a car accident attorney in Corpus Christi
It is frustrating enough seeing your child injured due to a negligent driver, without having to deal with insurance adjusters trying to minimize, and sometimes, even deny your child’s legitimate claim. Before contacting the car insurance following an accident in Corpus Christi, call a Corpus Christi injury lawyer at The Patel Firm PLLC, first. The Patel Firm PLLC is a personal injury law firm in Corpus Christi. Accident lawyer in Corpus Christi Minesh J. Patel and his staff understands your attention needs to be on your child and an insurance claim or lawsuit. The Patel Firm PLLC aggressively pursues justice for injury victims after car accidents and truck accidents in Corpus Christi. We will provide you with quality representation to maximize your potential claim and get you the compensation your child deserves. Call, text, or email The Patel Firm PLLC, anytime. 24/7/365, someone is ready and waiting to speak with you.
*This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended to, and should not be construed as legal advice.