How much is my Texas slip and fall case worth?
The worth of any slip and fall injury case in Texas is dependent on the cause of the accident, the extent of the injuries sustained, and the party responsible for the accident. It will be impossible to estimate the exact worth of your case without assessing and understanding your case in detail. Monetary value is often placed on personal injury cases during settlement negotiations with the at-fault party or their insurance company. Hiring a Corpus Christi slip & fall accident lawyer after a slip & fall injury can help you better understand the factors that determine the value to your injury case and the factors that determine the outcome. A personal injury attorney in Corpus Christi can also help you prove the negligence of the at-fault party, gather evidence, and prove your injuries and damages.
Factors That Determine the Value of Texas Slip and Fall Injury Cases
The following factors can affect the worth of your slip and fall accident case:
- The Extent of Your Injuries: You may sustain serious injuries including traumatic brain injury, laceration, or bone fractures as a result of slip and fall accident. The severity of these injuries will determine the value of your case.
- Medical Expenses: You may be able to recover the expenses incurred on medical treatment, hospitalization, rehabilitation, and prescriptions. All expenses related to the injury will be considered when determining the value of your case.
- Loss of Income: You may need to take some time off from work to fully recover after a serious slip and fall accident. In some cases, the injuries sustained in a slip and fall accident can be permanent, which can severely damage. With enough evidence and employment records to substantiate your claim, you may be able to recover lost wages as part of the settlement.
- Pain and Suffering: You may be eligible for compensation if you experience pain and suffering, loss of companionship, PTSD, or disfigurement after your slip and fall accident case. All these will be factored in when negotiating the value of your case.
Factors that Contribute to the Outcome of a Slip and Fall Accident Case
- The At-Fault Party is Found Liable For your Accident: Proving liability in a slip & fall accident is the most important element that determines the outcome of your case. This can be achieved by presenting evidence that supports your claim.
- The Location of the Slip & Fall Accident: Where the accident occurred plays a role in determining the outcome of the personal injury case. Stores and businesses are required to keep their establishments safe and free from injury causing obstructions. Slip & fall Injuries occurring in homes are a bit more difficult to prove liability.
- How the Responsible Party Caused your Accident: Blatant negligence and carelessness of the homeowner or business can contribute to the value of your slip and fall accident claim. Different types of slip & fall accidents can also carry different outcome.
- How you Contributed to the Accident: If you contributed to your accident in any way, it could affect the determination of liability as well as the financial value of your case.
Contact a Texas Slip and Fall Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident in Corpus Christi, or anywhere in Texas, contact a personal injury lawyer today at The Patel Firm PLLC. It is important that you retain legal representation as quickly as possible to gather vital evidence. At The Patel Firm PLLC, our personal injury lawyers will work swiftly to determine whether the property owner was aware or should have been aware of the dangerous conditions that caused your slip and fall accident. We are passionate about helping victims of slip and fall accidents get the compensation they deserve. You can call or email a Corpus Christi injury lawyer at The Patel Firm PLLC at any time. 24/7/365, someone at the firm is ready and waiting to speak with you. Reach out to us today.