A man was struck and killed by a vehicle on I-20 in the early hours of October 11, 2018 in Fort Worth, Texas according to CBS DFW.
Details of the car accident in Fort Worth, Texas
Around 3 a.m. on Thursday, October 11, 2018, a man traveling westbound on Interstate 20 near Loop 820 lost control of his car and struck a guardrail, sending some of his belongings onto the road. While trying to retrieve his belongings, he was involved in an 18-wheeler accident in Fort Worth after he was struck by a passing vehicle and then an 18-wheeler.
How to Avoid a Car Accident When You Lose Control of Your Vehicle
- Remain calm: This is the most important thing to do after you lost control of your car is to remain calm. It may be hard to be calm, but when you panic, you will only make matter worse. When you panic, you may freeze up, over-compensate or become disoriented
- Hold the steering wheel firmly: Don’t let go of the steering wheel. When you keep your grip firm on the steering wheel, at any point when you regain control of the vehicle, you will be ready to steer it to safety.
- Keep your eyes open: Closing your eyes won’t make the problem go away. After you have seemingly explored all option and still unable to gain control of the vehicle, you may be tempted to close your eyes and resolve to fate. Don’t do that, open your eyes and focus!
- Shift your gear to neutral to stop the power transmission to the wheels.
- Sometimes, the best way to regain control of your vehicle is to steer in the direction your car is trying to go
- If the car eventually crashes, only get out of the vehicle in a safe area where you are out of the flow of traffic.
Contact a car accident lawyer in Texas to discuss your options
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident in Texas, call personal injury lawyer Minesh J. Patel at The Patel Firm PLLC today. After an accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages, medical expenses, physical and emotional pain, and lost wages. We understand how frustrating it can be to deal with a sudden and unexpected car accident. Our principal personal injury lawyer at The Patel Firm PLLC, Minesh J. Patel will guide you through the insurance claim process as smoothly as possible, while also aggressively fighting for your right to fair compensation. Discuss your case with a car accident attorney in Texas today. You can call, text, or email the firm at any time. 24/7/365, someone at The Patel Firm PLLC is ready and waiting to speak with you. Reach out to us today.
*This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended to, and should not be construed as legal advice.