Sadly, two lives were taken after a Nueces County car accident on the evening of Friday, October 5, 2018 according to KRIS TV.
Details of the Nueces County car accident
According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, the auto accident in Nueces County, happened around 7 p.m. on Friday, October 5, 2018, at FM 665 and County Road 75, between Petronila and Bishop. The car accident near Corpus Christi resulted in severe personal injuries and unfortunately, the untimely death of two women. According to the authorities that responded to the car crash near Corpus Christi, the red SUV drifted into the oncoming traffic on FM 665 and crashed into a white car. Two women in the white car, the driver and a passenger, both died as a result of the Nueces County auto accident. The driver of the red SUV was also taken to the hospital as a precaution as the range of their personal injuries were unknown at the scene.
Common Risky Driving Habits That can lead to Nueces County auto accidents and personal injury
- Trying to beat the red light: Trying to beat the red light can result in a Corpus Christi car accident or truck accident in Corpus Christi. It is extremely dangerous and unnecessary and is responsible for a number of Corpus Christi personal injury victims. Traffic lights are put in place to ensure a smooth flow of traffic, but they can also cause potential for a violent car accident. Some drivers have made it a habit of driving through yellow or even red lights at intersections. This habit exposes you and other road users to significant risk. It also increases the likelihood of getting t-boned at intersections.
- Weaving in and out of traffic: Being stuck in a slow lane or congested road can be frustrating especially when you have to be somewhere. No matter how fast you need to get to where you are going, never make it a habit of weaving in and out of traffic to bypass slower cars. It can put you and other motorists in danger.
- Passing on a solid yellow lined road: Some roads are lined solid yellow to indicate that passing is not allowed. This might be due to a bend in the road or poor visibility. Some drivers go ahead and ignore this warning only to find themselves heading straight towards an oncoming vehicle.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol: Corpus Christi drunk driving can result in a DWI, and only that if you are lucky. Drunk driving can cause Corpus Christi car accidents, Corpus Christi truck accidents, and result in life altering personal injuries for victims. Abstain from driving when you are drunk. Even when you are only buzzed, your sense of judgment, reaction times, vision are all affected.
- Distracted driving: This is very common among the so-called ‘experienced drivers.’ After driving for some time, it is easy to fall into the trap of answering calls or checking emails behind the wheel. Being distracted and taking unnecessary risk behind the wheel is never worth it.
Contact a car accident attorney in Corpus Christi to discuss your options
If you were injured in a car accident in Corpus Christi, truck accident in Corpus Christi or the surrounding areas caused by someone else’s bad driving, our car accident lawyer in Corpus Christi Minesh J. Patel at The Patel Firm PLLC can help you get the justice and compensation you deserve. After any Corpus Christi car accident or Corpus Christi truck accident call The Patel Firm PLLC visit our personal injury law office in Corpus Christi. When we take on your matter, you will get a Corpus Christi personal injury law firm that has the experience and resources necessary to get the job done. Personal injury lawyer in Corpus Christi Minesh J. Patel at The Patel Firm PLLC has the commitment and passion to fight for you every step of the way, and the personal attention you need so you never feel left in the dark about the state of your Texas personal injury case. Speak to an accident lawyer in Corpus Christi 24/7/365. Contact us now.
*This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended to, and should not be construed as legal advice.