A Corpus Christi Independent School District teacher’s aide was killed in an auto accident along Interstate 37 near Pleasanton on Wednesday, October 3, 2018.
Details of the car accident in Pleasanton, Texas
to KRIS TV, a 32-year-old woman, Cassie Cunningham, was standing by her vehicle trying to get help for her disabled car when she was struck by a 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt traveling northbound. According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, the Chevy Cobalt driver was unable to react in time to avoid hitting her. Another vehicle traveling on the road, a 2009 Saturn Aura, was able to take evasive measures to avoid hitting both the Chevy Cobalt and Ms. Cunningham. However, another vehicle, a Chevy pickup, was unable to avoid the Saturn and t-boned the car on left passenger side. Sadly, Ms. Cunningham was pronounced dead at the scene of the Pleasanton car accident.
Important Car Maintenance Services
Replace defective windshield wiper blades: Wiper blades exposed to constant heat, ice or salt wear down more quickly as a result of these unfavorable conditions. Wipers blade should be replaced every 6 -12 months.
- Regularly change your oil: Motor oil are referred to as motor’s blood for a good reason. It keeps the engine working by lubricating the moving part to protect it from heat and friction.
- Regularly check tire air pressure and perform regular alignment: Car tires will always wear down and lose pressure after some time. It is important to always check your tire nor just to prolong its lifetime but also to keep you safe. Alignment is important to keep your car balanced and prevent uneven wear which can affect your fuel economy.
- Check your battery’s charge: A good battery should last up to 3-5 years. How your driving habits and the condition under which the vehicle is being used can affect its longevity. Frequent checking of the battery will ensure you are never stranded on the highway with a dead battery.
- Replace old spark plugs: The spark plug plays a very important role when you are starting a car. It ignites the mixture of air and fuel. This controlled reaction energizes the engine and powers the vehicle.
- Replace worn-down brake pads: Frequent braking while driving wears down the brake pads which is all that stands between the brake region and the rotor. If the brake pads become too thin, the rotor and other parts of the vehicle are left exposed. This can damage the car even further and accrue unwanted expenses.
Contact a car accident lawyer in Corpus Christi today
If you have been injured or if you have lost a loved one in a multiple-vehicle accident in Corpus Christi, truck accident in Corpus Christi, or anywhere in else in Texas call The Patel Firm PLLC, today. At The Patel Firm PLLC, our Texas car accident lawyer Minesh J. Patel represents personal injury victims after a Corpus Christi car accident or Corpus Christi truck accident. We will collect the necessary evidence to prove your claim and pursue the justice you and your family deserve. Personal injury lawyer in Corpus Christi Minesh J. Patel will aggressively represent you after any Corpus Christi car accident or Corpus Christi truck accident. From the moment you call our personal injury law office in Corpus Christi, Texas for legal representation, we guarantee we will work hard and efficiently to get you the justice you are entitled to. Speak to a car accident attorney in Corpus Christi today to discuss your options. You can call Corpus Christi car accident lawyer Minesh J. Patel at The Patel Firm PLLC, anytime. 24/7/365, someone at The Patel Firm PLLC is ready and waiting to speak with you. Contact a Corpus Christi injury lawyer now at (361) 400-2036.
*This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended to, and should not be construed as legal advice.