U Haul Truck explodes in Corpus Christi
On Sunday morning, August 5, 2018, a U-Haul truck exploded at the intersection of Meandering Lane & Player Street in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Details of the Corpus Christi truck accident
According to KIII-TV and other media outlets, around 10 am on Sunday, August 5, 2018m, the police and fire department responded to a report of an explosion at the intersection of Meandering Lane & Player Street, in Corpus Christi, Texas. The police set up a perimeter before the arrival of the bomb squad who later confirmed that the explosion causing the truck accident scene was accidental. The Corpus Christi Police Department confirmed that the explosion was caused by a leaking propane tank. The explosion debris flew into surrounding areas, which could cause serious injury.
Common causes of car explosions and fires
- Car collision: When cars crash, the crash impact can hit the battery and fuel tank creating an ideal condition for fire.
- Faulty electrical system: This includes problems with batteries and the car heating system. The charging cycle causes hydrogen gas to build up in the engine compartment, making the car explode when overheated. It can also cause fire when an electrical spark caused by a faulty appliance comes in contact with leaking fuel.
- Overheating engines: While it is unlikely to cause fire on its own, it can cause fire when drizzling liquid come in contact with a heated surface.
- Flaws in the design: Some flaws in the design of a vehicle by the manufacturer can cause it to catch fire.
- Oil and gas leak: This is one of the common causes of car fire. Petrol, propane and gasoline can easily catch fire from a simple spark or even ignite itself at certain temperatures.
- Poor maintenance
Contact a truck accident lawyer in Corpus Christi to discuss your options
If you have been injured or if you have lost a loved one in a truck explosion, call The Patel Firm PLLC, today. At The Patel Firm PLLC, our Corpus Christi truck accident lawyers represent victims of car accidents, truck accidents, 18 wheeler accidents, and other personal injury events. You will be aggressively represented by a Corpus Christi injury attorney when you contact The Patel Firm PLLC. From the moment you call our office for representation, we guarantee we will work hard and efficiently to get you the justice you deserve. Speak to a personal injury lawyer in Corpus Christi today to discuss your options. You can call, text, or email the firm at any time. 24/7/365, someone at The Patel Firm PLLC is ready and waiting to speak with you. Reach out to us today.