A woman was injured on October 10th, 2018 in what she told officers was a result of a truck backing into her in a parking lot, according to KRIS TV.
Details of the truck accident in Corpus Christi
The Corpus Christi auto accident happened around 7 a.m. on Wednesday, October 10, 2018, at the corner of Artesian and Antelope Street. The woman told Corpus Christi police officers that she was involved in a Corpus Christi truck accident after she was hit by a truck that was backing up in the parking lot of the South Texas Substance Abuse and Recovery building. She complained of back pain and was taken to the hospital to get it checked. According to a CCPD officer, the driver of the truck that caused the truck accident in Corpus Christi has no driver’s license, and his ID card is suspended, he had no insurance and the tags on his truck were expired. The officer said the driver would get a citation for driving an uninsured vehicle and his truck was been impounded.
Preventative measures to take when backing up to avoid a parking lot accident in Corpus Christi
- Walk around to check your surroundings: Before backing up, always walk around your vehicle and check underneath to ensure you can back up safely
- Know your vehicle’s blind spots: Know the limitation of your mirrors and ensure you check out those blind areas before starting the car.
- Check for obstructions such low hanging trees and wires.
- Start the car immediately after you have checked your vehicles surrounding. Don’t delay in starting the vehicle so as not to give time for another hazard to approach.
- Use your mirrors: Check your mirrors frequently when backing up.
- Back up slowly: Start slowly to ensure other drivers and pedestrians who might have approached unexpectedly, to move away safely.
- Look and listen: Stay alert and avoid distractions while backing up. Continuously be on the lookout for signs of trouble.
Contact a car accident lawyer in Corpus Christi today
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident in Corpus Christi, motorcycle accident in Corpus Christi, or truck accident in Corpus Christi, you have rights. To protect them, contact a truck accident lawyer in Corpus Christi at The Patel Firm PLLC, now. Car accident attorney in Corpus Christi Minesh J. Patel Is a personal injury lawyer in Corpus Christi at The Patel Firm PLLC’s Corpus Christi personal injury law office who knows how to get you the compensation you deserve after a Corpus Christi car accident or truck accident in Corpus Christi. From the moment you call our Corpus Christi personal injury law office for legal representation, we guarantee our injury attorney in Corpus Christi Minesh J. Patel and his talented staff of professionals will work hard and efficiently to get you to the outcome you deserve. Speak to an accident attorney in Corpus Christi today to discuss your options. You can call, text, or email the firm at any time. 24/7/365, an injury attorney in Corpus Christi at The Patel Firm PLLC is ready and waiting to speak with you.
*This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended to, and should not be construed as legal advice.