Woman killed while trying to retrieve an item on I-37
A woman was killed near I-37 near Lantana in Corpus Christi, Texas after she was hit by a car as she tried to retrieve an item that had blown onto the highway on December 22, 2018 according to KIII-TV. After a wrongful death accident in Corpus Christi, call injury lawyer Minesh J. Patel at The Patel Firm PLLC.
Details of the deadly accident in Corpus Christi
The Corpus Christi auto accident occurred happened around 5:30 a.m. on Saturday, December 22, 2018, when a 40-year old woman was struck and killed on impact by a Chevrolet Malibu when she attempted to get a personal belonging that had blown into the roadway. Sadly, her boyfriend, witnessed the accident. Police say the driver of the Chevy remained at the scene to render aid and speak to authorities.
Five things to keep in your car in case of a crash
Accidents happen every day in the United States. To limit immediate adverse effects, drivers are advised to keep the following items close.
- Auto escape tool: Most drivers don’t have this tool. It is particularly useful when a car is submerged in water. A part of the tool can be used to cut through a seat belt when a driver or the passengers in the car are trapped. The other portion of the tools comes in handy when one is trying to break the window to escape from the submerged vehicle.
- First aid kit: This is a must have for every vehicle. The kit should contain bandages, tweezers, gauze, ointment, scissors, gloves, antiseptic and cold packs. This goes a long way to help victims of car accidents. Care administered at the scene of a car accident usually determine how well the victim will recover.
- Road flares: This will come in handy when your car suddenly breaks down on the road. It brings the attention of other road users to the stalled or inoperable car even at night or in an unfavorable weather condition.
- A fully charged phone: it helps accident victims to easily connect with the first responders and other appropriate government agencies. It can also be used to record evidence like skid marks, positions of the vehicles involved in the accident, etc. This will help a lot in cases where liability is contested.
- Flashlight: Always make sure you have a working flashlight in your car. This is very useful especially in an accident at night.
Contact a Corpus Christi wrongful death lawyer today
If you or a loved one has been fatally injured in a wrongful death accident in Corpus Christi, Texas, speak to our personal injury attorney in Corpus Christi Minesh J. Patel at the Patel firm PLLC as soon as possible. Only an experienced Corpus Christi personal injury lawyer with the right resources can properly investigate, gather, interpret, and present all the evidence needed to recover the compensation you deserve after a car accident in Corpus Christi. Contact The Patel Firm PLLC’s Corpus Christi injury law office today. Corpus Christi personal injury lawyer Minesh J. Patel will look out for your best interest and will help you get the compensation you deserve! You can call, text, or email The Patel Firm PLLC at any time. 24/7/365, someone at The Patel Firm PLLC is ready and waiting to speak with you. Reach out to us today.
*This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended to, and should not be construed as legal advice.