18-wheeler accident in Bedford causes fire
The westbound lanes of Highway 183 in Bedford were shut down on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 after an 18 wheeler crash in Bedford, Texas according to NBC DFW.
Details of the truck accident in Bedford, Texas
A Bedford 18- wheeler accident caused a massive fire last Wednesday. According to The Bedford fire department, the 18 wheeler accident near Dallas happened when an 18-wheeler traveling westbound on Highway 183 hit a delineator near Industrial Blvd., before taking out a road sign, spilling fuel and then catching fire. All the westbound lanes of the highway were closed as officers clear the scene of the firely 18 wheeler accident in Bedford, Texas. The lanes were reopened later that day.
Steps to safety in a car fire
- When there is fuel spillage or whenever you see signs of car fire, the only thing you should worry about at that moment is your safety. Don’t ignore these signs or try to correct the faults on your own.
- Immediately turn off the engine: Overheating engine and electrical spark can energize the fire.
- Ventilate to prevent suffocation: Open the doors and windows to reduce smoke and fumes, so you don’t pass out.
- Unbuckle yourself: Free yourself from any restraint: After unbuckling yourself, try to help other occupants of the car to get loose.
- Get out: Get out from the vehicle as quickly as possible while helping others do the same.
- Step back from the vehicle: Stay far away from the car. Fumes, gasoline, and some cargoes can ignite and explode very quickly creating a big fire.
- Get help: Call 911 so that firefighters personnel who are specially trained and equipped to handle car fires can put out the flames. Don’t attempt to extinguish the fire yourself.
Contact a Dallas truck accident lawyer today
If you have been critically injured or lost a friend or member of your family in an 18 wheeler crash in Dallas or surrounding suburb, contact 18-wheeler accident attorney in Dallas Minesh J. Patel for a free legal consultation. Truck accident lawyer in Dallas Minesh J. Patel of The Patel Firm PLLC, knows what it takes to get the job done after a Dallas truck accident or Dallas 18-wheeler accident. An 18-wheeler accident in Dallas caused by another’s lack of attention or negligence, can cause serious personal injuries for which you are entitled to significant compensation under the law. You should seek legal advice immediately after an 18-wheeler accident in Dallas or a truck accident in Dallas. Contact The Patel Firm PLLC, a personal injury law firm in Dallas to get the help you need. You will speak to a personal injury lawyer in Dallas with the knowledge and experience you need to get the job done. Call The Patel Firm PLLC’s Dallas car accident attorney Minesh J. Patel after a Dallas truck accident now. At The Patel Firm PLLC Dallas car accident lawyer Minesh J. Patel will look out for your best interest and seek justice after suffering a personal injury from a Dallas car wreck or Dallas truck wreck. Speak to a car accident lawyer in Dallas at The Patel Firm PLLC to discuss your options. Speak to a Dallas truck accident lawyer now.
*This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended to, and should not be construed as legal advice.