A woman has been arrested for driving while intoxicated after hitting another drunk driver on Southlake Boulevard in Dallas, Texas before crashing into a pond according to NBC 5.
Details of the car accident in Dallas, Texas
On Wednesday, August 8, 2018, at about 12:40 a.m., a woman, was heading east on Southlake boulevard when she caused a car accident in Dallas, Texas when she lost control of her pickup truck and sideswiped another woman, traveling on the same road. According to police, the other driver’s pickup truck swerved into a flower bed before going airborne and crashing into a retention pool. Ironically, both women were arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.
The many ways alcohol can cause a car accident in Dallas, Texas
- Impaired Reasoning: Your brain controls how you reason. When you are behind the wheel, you need to be able to reason clearly when taking some decisions.
- Lack of coordination: Drinking alcohol affects your fine motor skills which is the coordination of some muscles. This means alcohol affects your eye/hand/foot coordination. This makes it difficult for your hand and foot to adjust the car to what your eyes is seeing.
- Slow reaction times: Alcohol is generally known as a depressant. It slows down your central nervous system, affecting your reaction time. The two or three seconds alcohol take from you can land you into a fatal accident.
- Blurred vision: After drinking achohol, you might have noticed that your vision is affected. When you drink, you lose some ability to control you eye movement which makes it difficult to see clearly. When you are heavily drunk, you may begin to hallucinate and see things on the road that are not really there.
- Reduced concentration: when driving, the driver has to focus on the road to steer the vehicle properly. You will find it difficult to concentrate on the task at hand after taking a drink.
Contact a car accident lawyer in Dallas, Texas if you have been injured
If you, a friend or a loved one has suffered a personal injury after a Dallas car accident caused by a drunk driver, contact a Dallas car accident attorney at The Patel Firm PLLC’s Dallas injury law office today. We fight hard to get you the justice you deserve after being injured by drunk driver in Dallas. Call, text, or email the firm at any time. 24/7/365, someone at The Patel Firm PLLC, A Dallas personal injury law firm, is ready and waiting to speak with you. Reach out to us today.
*This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended to and should not be construed as legal advice.