A woman was killed this past Tuesday afternoon, August 7, 2018, after she was involved in a deadly car accident in Fort Worth when she was rear-ended by a FedEx truck on Interstate 35W according to CBS DFW.
Details of the car accident in Fort Worth, Texas
On Tuesday, August 7, 2018, at around 11 a.m. a woman was killed after her car was hit in a rear end Collision in Fort Worth, Texas, by a FedEx truck on I-35W and Highway 114. According to authorities, traffic in the northbound lane of the road were merged to one due to construction activities. While all northbound vehicles were using the single lane, a FedEx truck rear-ended the woman’s car causing a chain reaction car accident involving multiple vehicles. Police report that the woman whose car was rear-ended and took the grunt of the impact from the Fort Worth car accident was killed. FedEx has released statement extending their deepest condolences.
Tips after a company vehicle accident
- Call the police immediately after the accident: The driver of the truck might initially admit fault at the scene of the car accident but may later change his words to the script given to him by the company adjuster or insurance company. It is therefore important you call the police at the scene of the car accident. They will interview the parties involved and other witnesses present at the scene.
- Take pictures of the scene from different angles: This should be done before the vehicles are towed off the road. It helps to the extent of your car ‘s damage. It also shows the positions of the vehicles. This will help your claims if liability is contested.
- Call your insurance company: You need to inform your insurance company that you have been in a car accident. Don’t answer any question they ask that makes you feel uncomfortable without your personal injury lawyer present.
- Do not talk to the company’s insurance or sign anything: Do not talk at all to the other party insurance company. Insurance adjusters can be deceitful, they can trick you into admitting things that aren’t true to help the company wiggle out of liability. Some adjusters might give you forms to sign. Do not sign anything without your truck accident attorney present.
- Go to the hospital to be checked: Always go to the hospital for full medical check up after any car accident. You might feel okay, but it is important to make sure there are no hidden Injuries.
- Hire a competent car accident attorney: car accidents involving a company can be complex. It is important you hire a truck accident attorney because these giant corporations with fleet of trucks like FedEx, UPS, Walmart, DHL etc. have teams of lawyers on hand. It is important you hire a competent car accident attorney to represent you against their army of lawyers.
Contact a Texas car accident lawyer at The Patel Firm PLLC today
If you have been injured in a truck accident due to the careless driving of a company truck driver, or if a loved one has died in a fatal accident involving a company truck , we will stand up for your rights. Contact The Patel Firm PLLC to speak with a Texas truck accident lawyer today. You can call, text, or email the firm at any time. 24/7/365, someone at The Patel Firm PLLC is ready and waiting to speak with you. Contact us today by calling us at (361) 400-2036.
*This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended to and should not be construed as legal advice.