Man dies after 18-wheeler accident near Corpus Christi
A Corpus Christi man is dead after a Thursday morning 18-wheeler accident near Corpus Christi.
Details of the Corpus Christi 18-wheeler accident
According to the Corpus Christi Caller Times, a 30 year-old man was heading north in a Dodge Charger on Farm-to-Market Road 1694, near Robstown on Thursday, August 9, 2018 when he was involved in a Corpus Christi 18-wheeler accident after he veered into traffic causing the collision. Immediately after the 18-wheeler accident in Corpus Christi, the driver of the Dodge Charger was rushed to Christus Spohn Hospital Shoreline in Corpus Christi where he later died from the personal injuries he sustained as a result of the Corpus Christi 18-wheeler accident. The driver of the 18-wheeler was also transferred to the hospital after suffering personal injury after the 18-wheeler accident in Corpus Christi. The tractor-trailer driver’s personal injury are said to be non-life threatening.
What can cause a driver to veer off the road?
The following can cause a driver to veer off the road:
- Driver fatigue: Drivers can lose concentration or even doze off at any time on the road if they are tired. This can lead to the driver veering off the road.
- Drinking alcohol or taking drugs: This affects your sense of judgement. Driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol impairs your reasoning and might cause you to make some rash decisions that can lead to your car veering off the road.
- Overspeeding or reckless driving: A driver driving at an excessive speed can easily lose control of the car.
- Driver training and experience: An inexperienced driver might find it difficult to navigate some curves on the road thereby veering off the road.
- Vehicle maintenance and equipment quality: A car veering off the road can sometimes be as a result of a defect in a part of the car.
- Time of day and lighting: Some drivers find it difficult to drive at night especially on unfamiliar roads. This can cause them to veer off the road.
- Weather conditions: Poor weather conditions can reduce visibility, this sometimes makes it difficult for drivers to stay on the road.
Contact an 18-wheeler accident lawyer in Corpus Christi to discuss your options
If you have been injured after an 18-wheeler accident in Corpus Christi, call personal injury lawyer in Corpus Christi, Minesh J. Patel at The Patel Firm PLLC’s Corpus Christi personal injury law office, today. At The Patel Firm PLLC, we represent personal injury victims after an 18-wheeler accident in Corpus Christi. Speak to an 18-wheeler accident attorney in Corpus Christi today to discuss your options. You can call, text, or email the firm at any time. 24/7/365, someone at The Patel Firm PLLC’s Corpus Christi personal injury law office is ready and waiting to speak with you.