Four people have been hospitalized after being involved in a multi vehicle car accident in Austin during the early hours of Saturday, August 11, 2018, according to KRIS-TV.
Details of the car accident in Austin, Texas
According to police, around 5 a.m. on Saturday, August 11, 2018, a silver car traveling on SPID near Kostoryz Road lost control causing a car accident when they hit a red car, sending both vehicles to the wall of the freeway. Some moments later, a man driving a truck couldn’t see the Austin car accident ahead, and ended up crashing into the red car. A CCPD officer who was transporting a man in custody, stopped to assist those involved in the Austin car accident. Shortly after the police officer pulled over to render aid, a motorcycle struck the officer’s squad car, causing yet another car crash. According to reports, four people were sent to local hospitals following the Austin car accident. The driver of the red car was said to be in critical condition as a result of the personal injuries she sustained as result of the car accident in Austin.
Common causes of multiple car accident pileups
There are a number of reasons that a car accident in Austin can lead to a pile up. Here are a few:
- Bad weather: Adverse weather condition can cause low visibility. Unknown to a driver, a car accident might just have happened up ahead, but because of the lower visibility caused by the weather conditions, the driver might not see it until it’s too late, giving no time to steer clear.
- Distracted driving: It is one of the most common causes of a Austin car accident. It’s even harder to avoid hitting cars already involved in a car accident when you are on the phone, or when you are adjusting your car navigation system. Distractions happen when drivers try to multi-task.
- Driving while intoxicated: Blurry vision is one of the aftermath of taking drugs and alcohol. When you do not see the road clearly, it will be very difficult to to drive safe. This can cause a Austin car accident including a car accident in Austin with multiple cars.
- Excessive speed: Driving at an excessive speed gives you little reaction time when you need to adjust to an occurrence on the road.
- Fatigue/sleeplessness: You need your mind sharp when you are driving. Driving after a sleepless night can be very dangerous and can get you into accidents including chain reaction car accident.
Contact a car accident lawyer in Austin to discuss your options
If you have suffered personal injury after a car accident in Austin, call The Patel Firm PLLC’s Austin injury law office today. At The Patel Firm PLLC, Austin personal injury lawyer Minesh J. Patel, fights for Austin residents who have been injured after a multi car pileup car accident in Austin. Speak to a car accident attorney in Austin today at The Patel Firm PLLC to discuss your options. You can call, text, or email the firm at any time. 24/7/365, someone at The Patel Firm PLLC’s Austin injury law office is ready and waiting to speak with you. Reach out to us today.