Three people died on Thursday night after being involved in a 2-car collision on Monte Cristo Road in Edinburg according to The Monitor.
Details of the car accident in Edinburg, Texas
According to the authorities, a 19-year-old driver believed to be under the influence of alcohol was traveling in a Chevrolet Malibu on Monte Christo road when he veered into an oncoming traffic, striking a 2014 Chevrolet Sonic containing four people causing a massive car accident in Edinburg, Texas. The 55-year-old Sonic’s driver died at the scene from personal injuries suffered from the Edinburg drunk driving accident. The driver’s 33-year-old daughter, and 3-year-old grandson were also killed in the Edinburg, Texas car accident. The remained passenger in car hit by the Edinburg drunk driver was an unidentified 31-year-old woman, who lived after the Edinburg car accident, but is in serious condition after the personal injuries she suffered as a result of the drunk driving accident in Edinburg, Texas. The drunk driver was also hospitalized after suffering serious injuries from the Edinburg, Texas car accident. The police say the 19-year-old drunk driver will likely be charged.
What to Do Immediately After a car accident in Texas
- Pull over to assess the situation: Pull over to a safe location close to the accident scene. Call 911 for help if anyone is injured and be prepared to answer questions or follow instructions given by the operator. Don’t panic, give immediate help to others involved in the Texas car accident.
- Report to Police: it is illegal not to report an accident that caused an injury or death. Wait till the police arrived and answer their questions correctly. This will help prove your injury case later on.
- Seek immediate medical attention: If you suffered any serious personal injuries, ignore the steps above and seek medical attention immediately. Sometimes you might not feel any pain after a Texas car accident, still make sure you undergo full medical check up to rule out any hidden personal injury.
- Share information: while you are waiting for the police to arrive, gather information about the other drivers and witnesses involved in the accident. You can get their names, contact information, vehicle registration number, driver license number etc. if you have been seriously injured, don’t bother yourself with this, your Texas car accident lawyer and the personal injury law firm’s investigators can visit the scene to get this information at a later date.
- Talk to an experienced Texas car accident attorney immediately: Retain the service of a Texas car accident lawyer like Mr. Minesh J. Patel of The Patel Firm PLLC, a Texas personal injury law firm. To get the compensation you deserve, you need an aggressive Texas personal injury lawyer on your side.
Contact a Texas accident lawyer at The Patel Firm PLLC to discuss your options
If you have been injured in after an Edinburg car accident due to the careless actions of a reckless driver, or if a loved one has died in a fatal car accident involving a reckless driver, personal injury lawyer Minesh J. Patel from The Patel Firm PLLC, a Texas personal injury firm is here to help. Contact The Patel Firm PLLC to speak with an Texas car accident lawyer, Minesh J. Patel today. You can call, text, or email the firm at any time. 24/7/365, someone at The Patel Firm PLLC, A Texas personal injury firm is ready and waiting to speak with you. Reach out to us today.