Four hospitalized after crashing sports car into a ditch
Four people traveling in a sports car have been hospitalized after losing control of their car while traveling on the south side of Corpus Christi on October 24, 2018 according to KIII-TV.
Details of the single car accident in Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi Police Department officers responded to a call of an auto accident in Corpus Christi at 10:15 p.m. on Wednesday, October 24, 2018. According to authorities, a driver failed to stop at a stop sign causing a Corpus Christi car accident resulting in multiple personal injuries . The vehicle, which was traveling on Yorktown and Rodd Field flipped and skidded into a watery ditch. Authorities say the four occupants of the car suffered personal injuries and were taken to a nearby hospital in Corpus Christi. Police were still investigating the cause of the Corpus Christi auto accident at the time the this story was first reported.
The dangers of excessive speed
Excessive speed puts all road users at risk by:
- Increasing the likelihood of the driver losing control of the car
- Reducing the reaction time a driver has to react to a potential danger
- Affecting the vehicle’s ability to protect its occupants
- Making the time required to stop a vehicle longer
- Increasing the risk of sustaining a severe injury in a car accident
- Increasing the chance of a fatal crash
Why Do Drivers Speed?
The are many reasons why drivers go above the normal speed limit. These reasons include:
- Running Late – This is the most common reason given by drivers for speeding. To avoid this, ensure you start your journey early to give yourself enough time even when you meet the unexpected on the road.
- Age – Teens and young adults are more likely to be involved in an accident caused by excessive speed.
- Thrill – Some drivers are thrill seekers. They drive fast just for the thrill without considering the risk they are exposing themselves and other road users to.
- Distracted Driving – when a driver is distracted while driving he may be unaware that he is driving above the posted limit.
- Drunk Driving – When people drink, their reasoning becomes impaired. A drunk driver may be impaired to a level that he becomes unaware that he is speeding.
Contact a car accident lawyer in Corpus Christi now
If you have been hurt in a car accident in Corpus Christi or a truck accident in Corpus Christi you should speak to a Corpus Christi car accident lawyer now. Minesh J. Patel is a car accident lawyer in Corpus Christi at The Patel Firm PLLC, A Texas Personal injury law firm that assists injured Texans after auto accidents in Corpus Christi, and throughout the State of Texas. Car accident attorney in Corpus Christi Minesh J. Patel and his staff will work closely with you from the beginning to help you get the help and justice you deserve after a personal injury. Call personal injury lawyer in Corpus Christi Minesh J. Patel at The Patel Firm PLLC now to begin down the road to recovery. It is important that you do not agree to anything with the insurance adjusters before you at least have had a chance to speak with an injury lawyer in corpus Christi who can apprise you of your rights, so you can make an informed decision. Visit The Patel Firm PLLC’s injury law office in Corpus Christi today. At The Patel Firm PLLC, our Corpus Christi car accident lawyer Minesh J. Patel is ready and waiting to help. 24/7/365, someone at The Patel Firm PLLC is ready and waiting to speak with you. Call, text, or email us today.
*This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended to, and should not be construed as legal advice.