A schoolboy was hit by a car on Monday, October 29, 2018, on his way to school according to Caller Times.
Details of the pedestrian accident in Corpus Christi
The pedestrian accident in Corpus Christi that injured a young boy, happened around 8 a.m. on the morning of Monday October 29, 2018 when a driver in Corpus Christi failed to see the 11-year-old boy crossing Holly Road near the Weber Road intersection. According to the Corpus Christi Police Department the driver stated they did not see the boy because of sun glare. The driver and another Corpus Christi motorist, a student nurse, stopped to help the boy after the Corpus Christi pedestrian accident. The severity of the boy’s injuries was unknown at the time of the collision. The CCPD officer said the boy was not in a designated crosswalk when the accident occurred.
Tips for Driving with the Sun in Your Eyes
- Use polarized sunglasses – they can help reduce sun glare.
- Keep your windshield clean
- Use your sun visor
- Leave enough following distance
- Keep your dashboard clean – remove any reflective item on your dashboard that can worsen the glare.
- Check your windshield for pitting and cracks – cracks on your windshield can scatter sun ray and distort your view, making it even harder to see.
- Reduce your speed if you are having trouble seeing
- Pay attention to the road markings and ensure you stay in your own lane
- Avoid driving when sun glare is at its worst
Contact a personal injury lawyer in Corpus Christi at The Patel Firm PLLC
If you have been injured in a car accident or truck accident in Corpus Christi, speak to a car accident lawyer in Corpus Christi at The Patel Firm PLLC that can help. Minesh J. Patel of The Patel Firm PLLC is a car accident attorney in Corpus Christi who represents injury victims after Corpus Christi car accidents and truck accidents that were caused by the negligence of another person. At The Patel Firm PLLC, our personal injury attorney in Corpus Christi Minesh J. Patel will aggressively represent you or your loved ones after a car or truck accident. We guarantee we will work hard and efficiently to get you the justice you deserve. Speak to Corpus Christi car accident attorney Minesh J. Patel at The Patel Firm PLLC today. You can call, text, or email the firm at any time. 24/7/365, someone at The Patel Firm PLLC is ready and waiting to speak with you.
*This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended to, and should not be construed as legal advice.