An off-duty firefighter was killed in a car crash in Fort Worth, Texas on U.S. Highway 377 on Tuesday August 28th, 2018, according to CBS DFW.
Details of the Fort Worth Car Accident
According to the Department of Public Safety, Firefighter Charles Andrew Heimer was killed on Tuesday, August 28, 2018, after a car accident in Fort Worth, Texas when he was hit head-on by a pickup truck that crossed the center median causing another deadly Fort Worth car accident. The firefighter, a veteran who joined the department twelve years ago, was off duty at the time. Sadly, he leaves behind a wife and two sons ages 6 and 9.
Different types of motor vehicle accidents
- Head on Texas car accidents: This type of car accident in Texas occurs when the front ends of two vehicles traveling in opposite directions hit each other. Head on car accidents can cause severe personal injury to victims. Head-on collisions can be avoided by obeying traffic rules and avoiding speeding or reckless driving. Also, driving distractions should be avoided as they take your eyes off the road and increase the chances of a head-on collision.
- Rear end car accidents: A National Highway Traffic Safety Administration survey shows that rear-end accidents are the most frequent type of collision that occurs in the United States making up 29 percent of all accidents. Rear end car collisions occur when a car crashes into another car in front of it. It can be caused by sudden braking by the car in front or when the car behind accelerates faster than the vehicle in front of it.
- Side impact car accidents: These types of car accidents are also known as T-bone collisions. This type of Texas car accident occurs when the side of a vehicle is hit by the front or rear of another vehicle. These accidents are particularly deadly because there is less cushion on the side of a vehicle to absorb the impact of the crash.
- Rollover car accident in Texas: it occurs when a car flips over onto its side or roof. Sharp turns, or sudden braking at high speed most often cause them. All vehicles can be involved in a rollover accident, but sport utility vehicles are often at a higher risk because of their high center of gravity.
- Single vehicle car accident: These accidents involve only one motor vehicle. In some instances a car crash into other objects such as poles, trees, fire hydrants and walls, and they may involve innocent bystanders. These crashes often result in property damage and personal injury.
Contact a Dallas car accident lawyer to discuss your options
If you were injured in a car accident that was caused by the negligence of another person, or if your loved one was killed in a fatal car accident in Dallas, talk to our Dallas personal injury lawyer, Minesh J. Patel, at The Patel Firm PLLC’s personal injury law office in Dallas, Texas. At The Patel Firm PLLC, our Dallas car accident lawyer Minesh J. Patel, represents personal injury victims after head-on collisions, rear-end collisions and other types of car accidents. He can help you after a car accident in Dallas, car accident in Plano, car accident in Dallas, or anywhere else in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex. From the moment you call The Patel Firm PLLC’s Dallas personal injury law office for legal representation, we guarantee we will work hard and efficiently to get you the justice you deserve. Speak to a car accident attorney in Dallas today at The Patel Firm PLLC. You can call, text, or email the firm at any time. 24/7/365, nights and weekends, someone is ready and waiting to speak with you. Reach out to us today.