A woman died after being involved in an auto crash on Spencer Highway in South Houston. The auto accident happened during the early hours of Thursday, August 3, 2018 according to Houston Chronicle and other media outlets.
Details of the South Houston car crash
According to the South Houston Police Department, a woman driving a Volkswagen on Spencer Highway around 2 a.m. died after being involved in a head-on collision with oncoming westbound traffic. The woman is said to have drifted into the oncoming lanes and crashed into a Ford Mustang. According to the authorities, the woman died at the scene, and the driver of the Ford Mustang was taken to the hospital in a critical condition. They reason why the woman drifted off her lane remains unclear.
Common distractions while driving
Distracted driving occurs when you undertake any activity that takes your eyes off the road, your hands off the wheel, and your mind off your most important task of driving safely. Experienced and comfortable drivers are prone to getting distracted on the road. Distractions like calling while driving, adjusting the radio, taking hands of the wheel are common among the experienced drivers. No matter how experienced you are, you should never be distracted while driving because it increases the risk of auto accident. The following are the common distractions causing car accident
- Daydreaming – This is a cognitive form of distraction, it happens when the driver is generally distracted or lost in thought. it is the most frequent form of distraction among drivers.
- Adjusting vehicle settings
- Phone usage – Talking and texting while driving
- Driving under the Influence of mind altering substance
- Talking with other people in car
How to avoid distractions while driving
- Always stay calm while driving
- Use your passenger whenever you need to adjust any setting in the car
- Stay off your phone while driving
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol or any other mind-altering substance
Contact a car accident lawyer at The Patel Firm PLLC if you have been injured
If you or a loved one have been injured after being involved in a car accident caused by a distracted driver, call The Patel Firm PLLC, today. If you have lost a loved one because of a distracted driver, speak to a wrongful death lawyer to protect your rights. At The Patel Firm PLLC, our Corpus Christi accident lawyers represent victims of accident due to distracted driving. Speak to a car accident attorney in Corpus Christi today to discuss your options. You can call, text, or email the firm now. A Texas accident lawyer at The Patel Firm PLLC is ready and eager to speak with you. Contact us and start down the road to recovery today. Reach out now.