A two-vehicle collision occurred along Cimarron Boulevard near the Saratoga intersection in Corpus Christi on Saturday, August 4, at around 11:45 am.
Details of the Corpus Christi car accident
According to the police, a car was traveling along Cimarron Boulevard when the driver made a U-turn and was hit by an SUV. According to KRIS-TV, the SUV was flipped over on its side by the force of the impact from the car accident. Medical personnel examined both drivers at the scene of the crash. Authorities at the car wreck scene impounded both vehicles, and the driver of the car was issued a ticket for making an unsafe U-turn.
When I’m driving, when is it safe to make U-turns?
U-turns remain one of the most dangerous maneuvers a driver can execute on the road. You should always pay attention to the take following when attempting a U-turn:
- U-turns should never be made if there is a sign indicating that it is prohibited.
- You must be on the far left of the side of your road before turning.
- You can turn on roads with “U-turn only” signs.
- You must yield the right-of-way to the vehicle on the right
- Make sure there are no oncoming vehicles within 200 feet
How do I safely execute a U-Turn?
One of the most common traffic violations drivers make that can lead to car accident is taking the wrong way in a U-turn. U-turns should be performed from the far-left lane and completed in the right lane of traffic moving in the opposite direction to avoid any car wreck and injury; it’s generally illegal for a car to cut across multiple lanes of traffic to make a U-turn. You can make a safe U-turn by taking the following steps:
- Turn on your left turn signal
- Be sure that there is no oncoming traffic
- Move towards the intersection but keep your foot on the brake.
- Keep your vehicle in the far-left side of your lane before making a U-turn
- As you begin to exit the turn, accelerate slowly.
- Once you have completed the turn, you can resume normal speed.
Contact a car accident lawyer in Corpus Christi if you have been injured
If you or a loved one have been injured in a U-turn accident, you have rights. Contact a car accident attorney at The Patel Firm PLLC, a Texas Personal Injury Firm with its principal office in Corpus Christi, today. From the moment you call our office for representation, we guarantee our injury attorney Minesh J. Patel and his talented staff of professionals will work hard and efficiently to get you to the outcome you deserve. Speak to a car accident attorney in Corpus Christi today to discuss your options. You can call, text, or email the firm at any time. 24/7/365, an injury attorney at The Patel Firm PLLC is ready and waiting to speak with you. Reach out now.