Passenger dies after rear-end collision near Waco
A man is dead after being involved in a rear end accident on U.S. Highway 84 near Beaver Lake Road in Axtell, Texas according to KWTX.
Details of the car accident in Texas
Around 5:05 pm on Saturday, October 20, 2018, Texas Department of Public Safety troopers responded to an accident on Highway 84 near Beaver Lake Road after an SUV rear-ended a car preparing to turn left onto a private drive. A 56-year-old man, who was a passenger in the car was pronounced dead at the scene of the Texas car accident. The driver of the car was critically injured and taken to Baylor Scott & White Hillcrest Medical Center in Waco. No other injuries were reported. Authorities are still investigating the auto accident near Waco.
Tips to Help Motorists Avoid Aggressive Driving
A driver is said to drive aggressively when his actions endanger other road users. According to the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, aggressive driving is a factor in more than 50% of all car accident fatalities. Ensure your safety on the road by avoiding aggressive driver. Here are some useful tips to help you avoid aggressive drivers
- Steer Clear of Aggressive Drivers: It is best to say away from aggressive drivers when you encounter them on the road. You can change lanes and even slow down if necessary.
- Keep Calm as You Drive: It easy to become aggressive when you encounter an aggressive driver on the road. Don’t take the bait, stay cool and keep calm. One of the major causes of a driver’s aggression is traffic delays. To avoid this, it is best you start your journey early to give yourself enough time to reach your destination.
- Drive Courteously: Always drive courteously whenever you are on the road. Driving aggressively makes you a targeted of other aggressive drivers. When next you notice you have been targeted by an aggressive driver, check your driving behavior and adjust accordingly.
- Smooth Over the Situation: Sometimes, taking action to ease the tension by just gesturing or waving. This can go a long way to defuse the situation.
- Report Aggressive Drivers: Whenever you encounter a violent driver driving in a manner that would mostly likely result in an accident, it is better to report such person to avert the impending danger.
Contact a car accident lawyer in Texas to discuss your options
If you or a loved one has been injured after a car accident in Texas or a truck accident in Texas that was caused by a negligent driver, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your losses including medical bills, lost wages, as well as pain and suffering. Make one call, that’s all-call The Patel Firm PLLC, A Texas personal injury law firm with a personal injury law office in Dallas, and a personal injury law office in Corpus Christi ready and waiting to serve the needs of injury victims after Texas car accidents and Texas truck accidents. At The Patel Firm PLLC, whether you need a car accident lawyer in Corpus Christi, a car accident lawyer in Dallas, or anywhere else in Texas, we have the resources and knowledge necessary to pursue justice on your behalf. From the moment you call our personal injury law offices in Texas for legal representation, we guarantee we will work hard and efficiently to get you the justice you and your family are entitled to. Speak to car accident attorney in Texas Minesh J. Patel today to discuss your options. You can call, text, or email our Texas personal injury law firm at any time. We look forward to hearing from you.
*This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended to, and should not be construed as legal advice.