All lanes of the Harbor Bridge in Corpus Christi, Texas have been reopened after a brief closure following a multi-vehicle accident on Thursday January 24, 2019, according to the Corpus Christi Caller Times.
Details of the car crash in Corpus Christi
Two lanes of the Harbor Bridge northbound were closed on Thursday, January 24, 2019, following a traffic accident that involved seven cars, according to a tweet from the official twitter handle of the Corpus Christi Police Department. A subsequent tweet from the department revealed that the lanes were reopened swiftly after the scene of the crash was cleared.
Understanding the Advanced driver assistance systems in your car
The fast-paced technological advancements made to ensure safety while in a car is nothing short of life-saving. Many lives have been saved by these technologies, and lots more can still be saved if the technologies are fully understood and properly used. As much as it is rewarding to fully maximize these technologies, it can be even more saving to know their limitations. Here are the functions and limitations of common systems in modern vehicles.
- Advanced cruise control: This system tracks the vehicle ahead of you and adjusts the speed of your car according to the pre-selected preferences.
- Blind spot monitor: This technology uses cameras or sensors to keep an eye on your blind spots. It alerts the driver by either a sound or an indicator light that a vehicle is traveling in their blind spot.
- Automatic emergency braking: This system automatically apply the brake if the car ahead of you stops, and you fail to apply the brake. It senses the traffic movement and brakes accordingly.
- Lane departure warning: It alerts the driver whenever a car starts to drift out if its lane.
- Forward collision warning: This system warns drivers whenever they are about to crash into the vehicle in front of them. The warning can be a sound alarm or an indicator light on the dashboard.
Contact a car accident lawyer in Corpus Christi to discuss your options
If you were injured in a car accident that was caused by the negligence of another person, talk to our Corpus Christi car accident attorneys at The Patel Firm PLLC. At The Patel Law Firm, our Corpus Christi car accident lawyers represent victims of head-on collisions, rear-end collisions and other types of car and truck accidents. From the moment you call our Corpus Christi injury law office for legal representation, we guarantee we will work hard and efficiently to get you the justice you deserve. Speak to an accident lawyer in Corpus Christi today to discuss your options. You can call, text, or email the firm at any time. 24/7/365, someone at The Patel Firm PLLC is ready and waiting to speak with you. Reach out to us today.
*This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended to, and should not be construed as legal advice.