What is premise liability anyway? Premise liability is a legal principle that holds property owners responsible for accidents and injuries that occur on their property as a result of an unsafe or defective condition. After an injury at a business in Texas, or other premise, contact Corpus Christi injury lawyers at The Patel Firm PLLC in Corpus Christi, Texas for a free legal consultation.
Examples of premises liability case include:
- Texas slip and fall cases
- inadequate maintenance of the property
- Defective or dangerous conditions on the premises
- Lack of building security leading to injury or assault
- Elevator and escalator accidents
- Texas swimming pool accidents
- Texas amusement park accidents
To win a premises liability case, you must be able to prove that the property owner was negligent in his duty of care. For a successful case, you must be able to prove that not only was the property unsafe or defective, but the owner knew about it or should have known about it.
Visitors to the property are classified into three categories:
- Licensees: A visitor to whom the owner has granted permission to enter the property is called a licensee. The person has the owner’s permission but is accessing the property for his or her own benefit. An example is a salesman. The owner has the duty to inform the licensee of any dangerous conditions on the property known to the owner but not likely to the licensee.
- Invitees: This is a person who has been given express or implied invitations by the owner. Example of people in this category are customers, friends, relatives, and neighbors. An invitee is owed the utmost duty of care.
- Trespassers: These are people who have not been invited or authorized to enter the proper. Owner owed no duty of care to trespassers in most
Contact a Premises Liability Attorney in Texas today
If you or someone you love has been injured after a premise liability incident at a place of business in Texas, contact a slip and fall lawyer at The Patel Firm PLLC, located in Corpus Christi, Texas immediately. If you have been injured at a business or home in Texas, you generally only have two years from the day of the injury to file a claim. Big businesses that are responsible for your injuries will try to pin the blame on you after a fall at their establishment. The personal injury lawyers in Corpus Christi, Texas at The Patel Firm PLLC know how to pursue premises liability claims, in a fashion that positions you to get the compensation you deserve. Contact an injury lawyer in Corpus Christi today at The Patel Firm PLLC for an obligation free consultation.
*This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended to, and should not be construed as legal advice.