A 63-year old driver has died after crashing into another car in Corpus Christi, Texas, possibly due to a medical emergency according to the Corpus Christi Caller Times.
Details of the accident in Corpus Christi
Emergency units were called to the scene of the car accident that happened around 9 a.m. on Thursday, December 27, 2018. According to reports, the driver who caused the Corpus Christi auto accident may have suffered cardiac arrest before losing control of his vehicle, crossing the intersection and crashing into another car. The 63-year old driver was rushed to Christus Spohn Hospital Shoreline, where he was pronounced dead shortly after the collision.
Safety Tips: Winter Driving
Snow, ice, freezing rain, and sleet can make the road slippery and even more dangerous. It is important to be more cautious during the upcoming winter months to avoid getting into a car accident. To reduce car accidents during the winter, drivers are advised to remember the following safety tips whenever they are on the road.
- Always check the weather report before you travel. If the weather conditions are expected to be severe, consider delaying or even postponing your journey until it is safe to travel.
- Ensure your tires are properly inflated and that they are in good condition.
- Ensure your exhaust pipe is free of snow and ice. When snow or ice clogs the exhaust system, toxic gases like carbon monoxide are produced
- Never use cruise control if the road you are traveling on is icy or slippery
- Avoid aggressive driving. Be extra cautious. Accelerate and brake slowly.
- Tune to the local radio station and remain updated on the weather reports.
Contact an accident lawyer in Corpus Christi today
If you or someone you love has suffered an injury after a car accident in Corpus Christi, Texas, call The Patel Firm PLLC’s Corpus Christi car accident law office today. A Corpus Christi car accident attorney like Minesh J. Patel can help you get compensation for your losses and injuries due to the car accident. These damages include recovery for lost wages, medical expenses, and car repairs. At The Patel Firm PLLC, Corpus Christi personal injury law firm, our principal Corpus Christi accident lawyer, Minesh J. Patel, will look out for your best interests and seek justice after your injury. Speak to an injury lawyer today to find out how we can help you.
*This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended to, and should not be construed as legal advice.